The aggressive impact on the floor in the garage of mechanical forces and chemical compounds is inevitable. Therefore, strict requirements are imposed on the coating material. The appearance of the finish is also important, which is determined by the owner's preferences. Variants, than to cover the floor in the garage, are set forth further.
Types of coatings and the requirements of
The choice in favor of a coating is preceded by familiarization with the requirements for the material. For a full-fledged operation, the garage floor must have certain properties:
- Resistant to all kinds of mechanical influences.
- Chemical inertness, that is, do not react when gasoline, oil or other substances hit the surface.
- Easy removal from the surface of contaminants.
- Low flammability.
- Long service life.
Partially these conditions are met by wooden flooring, but it is much more practical to refer to the concrete cover variant. It can be left in its original form or choose one of the fo
- processing by the topping system;
- painted surface;
- cladding with ceramic tiles;
- rubber coating;
- laying of PVC plates;
Let's look at the merits and shortcomings of each option.
You can cover the floor with wooden boards in the garage for a limited budget. The material partially meets the requirements put forward to the floor. Among the advantages are:
- environmental safety;
- high thermal insulation;
- low cost of coating;
- simple installation;
- resistance to chemicals.
There are also negative aspects:
- Short-term wear. The wooden floor in the garage quickly becomes unattractive. After 5-6 years after installation, it will require a replacement because of the deterioration of the material.
- Low moisture resistance.
- The wooden covering in the garage during a fire will support the combustion process.
If desired and the ability to periodically replace, this option has the right to exist.
Reinforced concrete screed can be used as a full-fledged floor covering or as a basis for subsequent finishing. Positive moments of operation in the garage of concrete surface:
- moisture resistance of the material allows to remove dirt from the floor with a hose;
- is not flammable;
- withstands mechanical impact.
The absence of a subsequent finish provokes dust formation. A standard set of materials will be required on the floor of the garage for the concrete screed:
To avoid dust formation, to further strengthen the floor and to make the cleaning process more pleasant, further processing of the concrete base will help. What is better to use in the garage will decide the owner, after the detailed study of the options for finishing.
The application of the topping system can be finished with a concrete floor or serve as a foundation for a decorative coating. The main task of applying a topping mixture is to make the floor surface more durable and stable before rubbing. This is achieved due to the presence in the mixture of crystalline rocks and mineral additives. Sometimes they are supplemented with metal powder. If the process of application is observed, the flooring becomes extremely strong.
The main stages of the flooring are started during the hardening of the concrete screed. It is necessary to wait for the moment when it is possible to walk on the concrete, but still the moisture acts. For grouting use a special device, called a "helicopter".Usually the procedure consists of two stages, but if desired, it can be repeated more times. This is necessary if the installation of the decorative coating is not expected.
Grinding of concrete floor has been used for several centuries and is still relevant. There are several reasons:
- The use of grinding makes the concrete coating more reliable and durable.
- The surface does not absorb oily and greasy compounds, the stains are easily removed from the concrete with a soft cloth.
- Floors with a similar design are acceptable in garages with a small and large area.
- Higher loads do not involve surface deformation.
- The ability to give the garage floor a variety of shades makes it more attractive.
- The cleaning process of polished floors does not cause any inconvenience, in many ways the moisture resistance of the substrate contributes to this.
For decoration in the garage of polished coating different techniques are used, this also determines the duration of the procedure.
An option to impart floors to the garage in an aesthetic appearance will be surface staining. The winning sides of the finish:
- The procedure prevents the formation of dust.
- The process of cleaning the floor in the garage is simplified.
- Additionally protects the coating from damage.
- Prevents absorption of oily mixtures.
For painting the floor in the garage, special coloring materials are designed, which are slightly higher in price than conventional paints, but their duration is longer.
The following options deserve attention:
- Latex paints are available for coating concrete surfaces. This is the most accessible of the possible options. Reduce the consumption and improve adhesion will help pre-treatment of concrete primer.
- The floor in the garage can be treated with one-component epoxy paint. High adhesion and quick drying is guaranteed. Do not forget about the surface coating with a primer.
- Two-component epoxy paint is the most expensive option for coloring the floor in the garage. Durability after drying at the level of industrial coatings.
The polymer floor for a garage is the best option for a coating. To achieve a perfectly flat surface is possible without the use of special equipment or a team of workers. The cost of decoration depends on the material selected.
For the bulk floor in the garage, the following types of compounds are suitable:
- Epoxy. Has the highest strength, the coating is resistant to high humidity and temperature changes. It is sufficient to achieve the required characteristics when applying a layer 1 mm thick. Epoxy quartz-filled composition successfully copes with all kinds of mechanical influences.
- Much less popular for floor treatment in the garage are resin compounds of methyl methacrylate .This is due to the extremely unpleasant odor that arises during the evaporation of the solvent. Warning! There are also difficulties in determining the thickness of the coating: the thin has insufficient strength, the thick is capable of peeling off.
- high elasticity as compared with an epoxy coating have leveling flooring polyurethane. This composition contributes to increased wear resistance, it is good to use when there are vibrational loads in the garage.
- Cement-acrylic composition is the most affordable option in the garage for self-leveling floors. For a durable coating, it is sufficient to apply a layer of 2-3 cm.
All types of compositions have a high cost, but this pays off with excellent properties of the filler floor. It is resistant to changes in temperature, vibration, chemicals and mechanical damage. The service life in the garage of liquid floors varies from 35 to 40 years.
Facing ceramic tile
Another good way to design the floor in the garage - facing tiles. Such a variant provides the surface with a long operation without damage, easy maintenance and high resistance to abrasion. An important condition for achieving the required characteristics is compliance with the laying technology.
Tiles, designed to cover the floor in the garage, must meet the following requirements:
- chemical inertness;
- high strength;
- resistance to temperature changes.
Tiles must withstand both high temperatures and minus atmosphere, because not every garage is equipped with heating. Thanks to the high-density structure, the best option for the garage floor is clinker tiles.
Attention deserves a class of tiles. The formation of a lasting coating is facilitated by the choice of the third-fifth grade. Another important point that matters when facing in the garage of the floor is the surface texture. It is recommended to stop on an unglazed version of the tile, otherwise in the cold period the coating will become extremely slippery. Presence of a relief pattern is an optimal variant of the floor finish with a decorative coating of tiles.
Rubber floor garage
Increasingly, as a decorative finish applied rubber coating for garage floor. Tile thickness of 16 mm with dimensions 50x50 cm has a mass of advantages:
- frost resistance;
- quality waterproofing of the garage base;
- does not spoil under the influence of large mechanical loads;
- no reaction when exposed to corrosive chemicals. Similar characteristics allow to use it even in the design of sports fields.
Due to the availability of locks, the installation of the coating takes place in a short time.
considering options for floor design, take into account the properties of the material and climatic characteristics of the region. The essential point is the cost of finishing. In addition to the price of the material, the costs of the installation process should be taken into account.
- How to make a slab formwork
- How to make a wooden floor in the bath
- Underfloor heating in bath sink
- pomyvochnaya Floor tiles in the bath