How to decorate a table with your own hands: restoration, how to make a decor, decoupage, painting, photo, video instruction
If Buffet, who served faithfully for many years, very old, do not rush to throw it away. There are many ways to decorate an old table with your own hands and give it a new life. Below is the master class, how it can be done.
- Methods decoration
- Decoupage - new look of napkins
- painted surface
- paint and the paint
- Adhesive tape - the lazy way
- decorating tiles
- How to decorate the kitchen table with his hands(video)
If the table saM by itself is still strong, and there is simply a loss of appearance, then it can be updated and turned into a real pride of the owners. For today, hand-made is valued more than ever. There are a lot of ways to decorate the old table. These include:
- painting on wood;
- the film is pasted;
Decoupage - new look of napkins
Update table using decoupage, it is possible, even without special skills. You can learn how to work in this technique with your own hands by studying any master class.
to work needed:
- pictures for decoupage - you can replace them with conventional napkins from your favorite pictures and even pictures from magazines;
- acrylic lacquer - it is best to buy a varnish in a can;
- The table is cleaned of old layers, paint, dirt. Surface of the table degrease, wiping it with a cloth with alcohol. If the surface is not completely cleaned, then decoupage will turn out to be untidy.
- Pick up pictures and compose a composition from them. Suitable for any picture - for the kitchen table you can choose the motifs of fruits and vegetables, different colors. Very original will look a table made with their own hands, with motifs of old buildings.
important : If you use special pictures for decoupage, it is nothing to do with them is not necessary - just stick. If the pictures are cut from the napkin, then the two-layer napkins must be divided into layers. If the picture is cut from the magazine, then its lower layer should be removed, watering the picture and removing the layer with your own hands. Then the restoration of the table will be more accurate.
- Arrange the cut out pictures on the table. Mix PVA glue with water in a 1: 1 ratio and paste the pictures to the table on the selected places. In order not to form bubbles, the pictures are ironed with a napkin, driving out unnecessary bubbles. Next, the pictures should dry out.
- After the decoupage has dried, the surface of the table with pictures should be varnished. The varnish for decoupage is applied in several steps. Each layer of varnish must be well dried. The better this operation is carried out, the more resistant the surface of the table will be to the effect of moisture. Decoupage is ready by its own hands - this restoration will cost inexpensively, and the table will look very stylish. If the decoupage is done neatly, then such a table can become a real decoration of the house.
We paint the surface of
The surface of the old kitchen table can be painted with colors. This restoration is more suitable for a wooden old table. Painting does not always require special artistic skills and talents. A detailed master class will show that even a beginner can do it.
For work you will need:
- paints - best acrylic, resistant to sun and water;
- foam sponge;
Restoration begins with the cleaning of the table surface. If necessary, it must be crooked. Further the surface is washed and degreased.
Drawings for painting can be found on the Internet or done by yourself. The master class advises, print out the drawing and make a stencil out of it, cutting out the contours of the elements with a clerical knife. When making a stencil, we must not forget to leave the jumpers between the paper elements. Then it will be easy to apply a drawing. If you want to update the table, but there is no data to draw or you do not want to make a stencil, you can buy ready-made stencils in the shops of finishing materials or art goods.
You can refresh the table by applying a pattern in the form of a border around the edges or by making a complex composition of individual elements scattered over the surface of the table.
Further, the restoration of the table includes applying a stencil paint. There are subtleties here. To avoid stencil during work, it is better to glue it around the perimeter with paint tape. Paint on the brush should be taken a little, otherwise the paint will spread and penetrate the stencil, spoiling the pattern.
Important : Instead of a brush, a sponge is often used, on which the paint is drawn. The pattern applied by the sponge looks more even and uniform. Paint with this method of application practically does not flow and the risk of spoiling the work is minimal.
After the painting has dried, the surface of the table is varnished. The varnish is applied in several layers - it protects the painting from the effects of water and makes the surface more durable. Restoration of the table with your own hands is over.
Paint and paint only
You can update the table quite simply - by painting it entirely. For this you select:
- acrylic paints;
- alkyd paints;
- epoxy paints.
All of them are resistant to water and do not require additional protection of the surface in the form of varnish.
Important : if the table surface is large, it is best to paint it with a roller. This will give a uniform, even, "factory" surface. Such a restoration will be almost invisible to an outsider.
Self-adhesive film - the most lazy way
The paint can be replaced with a self-adhesive film. Today, there are a lot of color film, so you can make any design of the table.
The surface must be well cleaned, rinsed and degreased before the table is pasted. Next, the film is gently applied to the surface and leveled - we must ensure that no bubbles form. This completes the restoration.
Decoration with tiles
Refresh the table yourself, if you decorate it with tiles. For this you can choose:
- ceramic tile;
- tiles in the form of a mosaic;
- tile made of composite plastic materials.
Important : it is convenient to work with tiles in the form of a mosaic. Such tiles simply cut with a knife, cutting off excess parts.
Restoration begins with cleaning and degreasing the surface. Then, using a special glue, the tile is glued to the surface. After a few hours, you can wipe the joints between the tiles with a trowel or a special paint for joints. Master class on this topic can be viewed on the Internet.
How to decorate a kitchen table with your own hands( video)
We recommend viewing a small but very useful video:
It is not difficult to update the table yourself. To do this, you need to put only a little imagination and patience.