How to update the suite in the kitchen: film for facades, painting, replacement and decor, video instruction, designer tips
You can do without a cabinet or library in the house. But it's hard to imagine a kitchen without a headset. If he is old and have a too boring appearance, then the mood from staying in the kitchen will be appropriate. Solve the problem will help restore the kitchen set. It can be done in various ways and without any problems.
- use of self-adhesive film
- Painting headset
- Replacing old facades new
- Installing moldings
- Decoupage furniture: Doing their own hands
- Decoupage furniture with his own hands( video)
Using a self-adhesive film
Due to the variety of vinyl film, you can choose from a variety of options - wood, tile, leather, natural stone. A few rolls are enough and the kitchen will be transformed. This is one of the simplest options, allowing you not to think about how to update your kitchen set yourself.
Materials required for work:
- Good quality film;
- Plastic spatula or thick fabric( you can also smooth the film simply with your own hands);
- Solvent or alcohol;
- Scissors or clerical knife;
- Pencil and ruler.
Adhesive foil for furniture
In order to film with old furniture in the kitchen, you first need to mark the facades. When you glue the headset self-adhesive film yourself, you can completely change the interior of the kitchen. And how to properly implement the idea you will learn by familiarizing yourself with the main stages:
- Then you have to remove the doors and twist the hardware. It is better to replace it, so the headset will look completely updated.
- Before carrying out the lamination of furniture, wipe all surfaces with water and soda. Wipe dry. All this is necessary, since the surfaces must be degreased.
- The cutting of the film for furniture is simple. Looking at the reverse side of the material, you will realize that it is marked in centimeters. It remains to measure the lockers and cut out the segments of the necessary size from the film.
- Place the film face up on the facade. Peel off at one end, remove the paper, leveling the film with a spatula or with your own hands. If there are bubbles, pierce them with a needle and level.
- When working with a film, if any segment is lying unevenly, it is better to remove it immediately. If you do not do this in time, the film will stick strongly, and you will have to remove it with a knife.
The easiest way to work with a homogeneous film. But it is important to ensure that the pattern of marble or wood does not overlap.
If the decor looks dull, you can add vinyl stickers or place on the facade of furniture patterned inserts made of a film of a different color. Stickers can be made by cutting a pattern from a self-adhesive film.
Restoring the former charm of the furniture will help with painting. In this case, the facade facade should be kept in good condition. If there are cracks, behind the veneer or there are other defects, the paint will not help.
Required materials and tools:
performed all of his own hands, compared with the first embodiment, it will be much easier:
- Remove the door. Unscrew the hinges and handles.
- Degrease the surface of the facades.
- Strip the furniture plane with an abrasive pad.
- Wipe with a solvent.
- Next, the painting is done, which you can do yourself. First of all, hard-to-reach places are painted. The paint is applied to all parts of the furniture in several layers. It is best to paint with an aerosol spray.
- Once the painting is completed, it is possible through a stencil to make interesting designs. Then comes the moment of fastening the hardware. Then the doors are put in place.
Countertops and facades made of wood, can be restored by using the varnish. The presented method is simple, and the result will please you.
Lacquered happens so:
- Remove the facades and countertop.
- Prepare the elements for the application of varnish on them - similar to the preparatory work before painting.
- Sand the wooden parts and remove the old varnish.
- Apply primer and new varnish.
It is best to use varnishes with high abrasion resistance. They will protect the surface from damage in the future.
Replacing old with new facades
crucial way - replacing the furniture fronts with new ones. It should be noted that this option will be more expensive than restoration, but in any case cheaper than buying a new headset. Many firms will agree to make facades according to your size.
You will be able to pick up the original decoration and choose the best based on the financial capability, material for facades. From economical options it is worth noting: pine, plastic and chipboard. More expensive solutions: facades made of precious wood and MDF.
For out of fashion and exclusive facades, which can not be restored, it will be necessary to purchase new facades on an individual order. The decor should also be given to specialists.
The variety of kitchen facades is large, therefore, everyone will find an option to his liking.
You can change the facades yourself, it's not difficult. If you purchased the modular elements, you will have to take a drill and drill out the nests for loops and fasteners. New facades are attached to the screws.
Installation of moldings
Furniture updates can occur with the help of moldings. Molding is a patchwork decorative element widely used for decoration. In order to produce a decor headset, you will need semicircular slats.
- Crosscut saw;
- Furniture fittings;
- Spray gun;
Installation instructions for moldings with their own hands:
- Preparation of furniture facades. Remove the facades. Remove the fasteners and fittings.
- Install the decor, which will be used as moldings. Using a saw cut the molding. The outer edges must be cut at an angle of 45 degrees. Glue the finished slats on the facade.
- After installing the molding with your own hands, you need to put the fasteners and accessories on the place. Holes for them are drilled with a perforator or a drill.
- The next step is priming the surface.
- Then the painting is done and the decor is applied. You can do decoupage on the surface or use special stencils for drawing ornament.
Decoupage of furniture: do it yourself
You can use such a simple decor as decoupage. Its essence is simple: beautiful pictures of napkins, cloth or leather are cut out and are glued to the surface. This allows you to effectively decorate the headset, breathing new life into it! The decoupage of the kitchen set is similar to a film, but the advantage is that here you areChoose the pattern and you can combine them
Materials and tools:
- Cuttings from magazines or napkins;
- Acrylic lacquer.
Such decor as decoupage is applied as follows:
- If there are cracks or scratches on the facade surface, fill them with filler.
- The surface is then treated with a sandpaper.
- To the place where decoupage will be pasted, previously applied varnish. If a piece of paper with a picture of a large, ugly joints should not be.
- Apply glue to the places to be decoupled.
- Place the image on the facade and smooth it with a brush. Do not smooth out the picture, put in the technique of decoupage by hand, otherwise there may be tears.
- After the paper has dried, apply 3 layers of varnish. Each layer is applied in an hour. The varnish can be chosen matte or glossy.
Decoupage of furniture with your own hands( video)
So, now you know a lot of ways to decor furniture in the kitchen. What to choose - decoupage, restoration with a film, moldings or painting - it's up to you! You can achieve excellent results by applying other different techniques. Good luck!