A storage water heater or boiler is an appliance that is designed to heat water. As a rule, it is operated by the consumer in the house or apartment. Water heaters differ among themselves on structural elements, but the traditional option is a metal container with internal heating elements filled with water.
Operating principle of the
valve The safety valve for the water heater is a brass base in which two springs with locking elements are mounted. The first spring is designed to provide a function of a check valve, i.e. Do not let water from the storage water heater back into the water supply system. The force of the water pressure in the water pipe compresses the spring and the disk element opens the inlet in order for the water to accumulate in the tank. An element is installed inside the flow channel. If the water pressure in the water supply system decreases or disappears completely, the boiler will remain full.
The second spring is located on the outlet. Its main function is to dump w
Why do I need a safety valve for the water heater? The safety valve in the water heater design is an element combining the functions without which it is impossible to operate the storage heater in a safe and high-quality manner. This element is designed not to allow increased pressure in the storage tank and discharge excess water, preventing the rupture of the water heater. Also, it protects the integrity of the tank, which can be disturbed by water hammering of the water supply network. Unfortunately, powerful water strikes from water pipes often happen. The valve prevents water from escaping from the tank, in the event that the pressure in the water pipe decreases or the water disappears completely.
Types and characteristics of
To date, the market presents a wide range of safety elements. It is important to note that they differ in the variety of models and functionality.
For the domestic consumer the most suitable steel valves are the following:
- Safety check valve for the water heater. Performs the function of a protective element. Preserves the integrity of the storage tank in case of excess water.
- With pressure adjustment. This element, depending on the situation, allows to reduce or increase the pressure level in the water supply system.
- "Termex".This product is characterized by high quality and excellent technical characteristics. Provides reliable operation of storage water heaters.
- "Ariston".The products of a foreign manufacturer, which has taken quite a strong position in the domestic market. The safety valve for the Ariston water heater is characterized by high quality of execution and a long service life.
- Brass models made of very durable alloy. Durable and very durable alloy increases the reliability and durability of their operation. As a rule, a brass safety valve for a water heater 3 4, is used for gas-type water heaters.
- "Elzotherm".Particularly strong elements that withstand sudden changes in pressure and temperature of water supply in the water supply system. Are distinguished by excellent technical characteristics.
By purchasing a safety valve for a water heater, it is not superfluous to use the services of a sales consultant to help you choose the right option for your particular boiler system.
Advice from professionals on installing the
valve The valve must be mounted on the cold water supply line to the storage water heater in accordance with the following recommendations:
- Never install a shut-off valve between the valve and the water heater;
- the hose from the valve is diverted to the drain of the sewage system;
- for the discharge of water from the reservoir passed more quickly, a tee with a ball valve is mounted between the valve and the boiler.
With the installation of a safety valve on the water heater, no problems or difficulties arise. This work is simple and can be done by an ordinary person, but in the case when the operation of the boiler is associated with a constant problem of water leakage, the consumer has a lot of questions. Experts advise not to succumb to panic and remember that the work of the boiler, at which the valve periodically drips water is quite normal. In order to eliminate the problem, the installation of a special tube that diverts water into the sewage system is required.
Special care should be taken if the water flows continuously from the nozzle or vice versa, never drips. The situation in which drops do not appear, can indicate a breakdown. Specialists advise in this case to force the silent water out of the reservoir by means of a special handle.
It is important to understand that the absence of a leak is not a sign of failure of the safety element. For an autonomous water supply system, the water pressure indicator does not exceed 3 bar. Therefore, it digs so rarely that this fact can easily be overlooked.
Why does water constantly flow from the safety valve? There may be several reasons:
- Breakdown of the safety valve. In this case, there is only one way out - it's a complete replacement. Do not change it to a new element with a higher threshold. So you can completely disrupt the normal operation of the boiler, which will lead to its rupture.
- High water pressure in the water supply system at home. A good solution is to install a regulator, at the entrance to the house, which reduces the water pressure.
How to properly adjust the valve
Initially, any element of the storage water heater is factory-set, which is unacceptable and, in some cases, impossible. But there are such safety elements that have special adjusting screws, twisting or twisting that you can change the compression forces of the spring, thereby adjusting the operation limit.
The correct solution is to adjust the operation of the safety valve of the water heater by matching it with the values of the passport values. An exception can be the adjustable safety valve device for a water heater with a scale. But as practice shows, the installation of such an element is meaningless, since the maximum value of the working pressure is constant.
Acquire and install only high quality components that meet the specifications. Such models provide long-term, safe and trouble-free operation of the boiler.
Recommendations for the selection of
Generally, electric boilers are already equipped with safety valves already in the process of assembly. But there are cases when its additional installation is necessary.
The main criterion for selecting an element is the indicator of the maximum, permissible, working pressure of the boiler. This indicator is indicated in the passport data of the device.
The manufacturer offers the consumer a wide range of safety valves, with a response pressure in the range of 6 to 10 bar. The scale graduation occurs in steps of 0.5 Bar. This will allow you to reinsure and adjust it not lower than the maximum permissible limit of the boiler prescribed in the passport.
Specialists advise to purchase safety elements for an indirect boiler with the possibility of adjusting the critical pressure.
Safety valve is a very important addition for the safe, trouble-free operation of the storage water heater. It is important to purchase it in accordance with the technical characteristics of the heating device. Personal modifications, as well as an incorrectly selected valve, can completely disrupt the cycle of the boiler operation, and make it unsafe.
Is it necessary to install the safety valve on the water heater, we will find out in the next video
- Electric water heaters: types and characteristics of
- How to install a water heater
- How to choose an electric boiler
- Types of fittings for polypropylene pipes