Ceramic tiles - one of the materials designed for walls and floors. This cladding material is easy to use and operate. Tile coating is resistant to various damages. Also has a long service life. Ceramic tiles today are presented in a large assortment. There are many types and types of this product. One type of finishing ceramics is glazed tiles. This kind of cladding today has gained immense popularity due to its features.
- Glazed tiles - what is it
- Kinds of glazed ceramic tiles
- glazed ceramic wall tiles
- Advantages of glazed tiles( video)
Glazed tiles -That this is
This kind of tile is made from mixtures of clay and certain impurities that determine the structure and strength. Visually distinguish the glazed tile from the ordinary is quite simple. The tile is covered with an additional layer, which is often transparent or has a glossy effect. It is this layer that is the glaze. At its core, the glaze represents a gl
glaze is applied in several ways :
- In large industrial scale in the production of the tiles used in the product receiving dipping glaze. After the tile is placed in a special oven for baking at very high temperatures, in order for the mass to become transparent.
- Small scale manufacturing can be done at home. To do this, it is necessary to heat the glass, after it is dipped in cold water, to destroy the structure. This process is necessary for glass to be easier to wipe into dust. After the glass dust is sifted through the stocking and mixed with water, silicate glue and for the coloring pigment is added. To obtain gloss, the resulting mass is roasted in the oven.
According to its technical characteristics, ceramic glazed tiles have high strength, moisture resistance and environmental friendliness. Covering the glaze gives the tile a beautiful view and creates a special color glare under certain lighting conditions.
Types of glazed ceramic tiles
There are several basic types of glazed ceramic tiles: tiles with one layer of glaze coating, different brightness of light;tile with several layers of glaze fired in several stages - it improves the strength of the product.
For decorative characteristics glazed tiles are distinguished :
- Transparent gloss;
- Deaf white;
- Translucent color;
- Opaque color;
Variety range is achieved by combining the various components in the glaze manufacturing and adjusting the firing time. Due to the glaze, ceramic tile has a high strength, which makes it possible to withstand heavy loads and withstand mechanical damage. The caked glaze completely covers the pores of the ceramic structure, which protects the product from penetration of moisture, dirt and dust.
This feature allows you to use the tile in the bathroom and kitchen.
The most important and basic characteristic of the material is its safety. Glazed ceramic tiles are manufactured only from environmental materials, which means that there are no harmful substances in the material. This fabrication of the facing product allows it to be used in any premises without harming others.
glazed ceramic wall tiles
ceramic tiles used for walls and floors.
Today, manufacturers produce several types of tiles that differ in size :
- Mosaic - are small tiles whose size reaches a 3x3 up to 7x7 cm These dimensions are conditional, since this type of tile can be represented in the form of a square or. Any other geometric figure. The mosaic of different colors can be monochrome or color.
- Small size tiles are available for wall cladding where large items will not look relevant.
- Medium-size tiles are available in sizes 60x60 cm. Very convenient for large areas.
- Large ceramic glazed tiles are available in sizes from 80x120 to 180x3000 cm. Tiles of this size are used for finishing industrial premises.
- Multi-format ceramic products are produced in a small set. Such a set has different dimensions and a stylistic combination. The editing process is quite laborious, but the result is fascinating.
for wall cladding and glazed ceramic tiles used this classification. Majolica - has an opaque enamel, is presented in a wide range of colors with a shiny surface. Terralaya tiles, for the production of which white clay is used, is presented only in light colors. The faience tiles are used for wall cladding in the bathroom, its main characteristic is a drawing on a white background. Clinker is a low porosity ceramic that creates an imitation of natural stone. Ceramic granite is made of red and white clay, has the strength of granite.
Unglazed tiles have high strength and low water absorption coefficient. According to the characteristics of this kind of tile has good wear-resistant properties. The tile has a homogeneous composition without a decorative layer, which makes the material accessible. Does not have a glossy effect, the surface is slightly rough or simply smooth. In most cases, smooth non-glazed tiles are used for flooring. The floor tiles are available in quiet, subdued colors. Can be used for exterior and interior cladding.
There are several areas where the use of such a finishing material is welcomed:
- Facing of terraces, porch, balconies;
- For exterior cladding of buildings.
If you use such a tile in a residential area, it is worth remembering that the surface of the unglazed article is quickly contaminated, because the surface is as if embossed and porous. It is necessary to clean such a tile with special means.
Advantages of glazed tiles( video)
If you compare the specifications of glazed and unglazed tiles, it can be said with certainty that the first version of tiles is much more practical and interesting. The glaze covering the surface of the tile improves all the positive properties of the product. Also provides complete protection against moisture and contaminants of various types. Glaze can be made by hand, using glass with the addition of spilled water. Manufacturers to date produce a huge range of ceramic tiles, which will satisfy the most refined taste.