embroidery tablecloths cross - this is a very ancient activity, one of the first who has mastered more people in ancient times. But, despite this, the products, embroidered with a cross, always look fresh and interesting, and the demand for them is consistently high. Because of the large demand, tablecloths, embroidered with a cross, can be bought in the store, but it's much better to try and sew it yourself. Moreover, the result in this case depends entirely on your imagination.
what are the schemes embroidery stitch tablecloths and napkins
As you might guess, because cross
The first thing you should decide on when embroidering a cross is the subject that is closest to your soul. Some needle women like to embroider flowers, butterflies and cockerels, other - abstract patterns and monochrome track, others just crazy about handmade painting. Therefore, choose the motive that you like more - and proceed! Fortunately, there are a lot of schemes on the Internet for a variety of ideas.
On the other hand, before undertaking to make cloth with a complex pattern, it is best to practice on simple patterns. So you will not only get your hand, but you will not be disappointed after the first few hours, when you will see how difficult it is without experience to make a complicated picture.
Scheme complex scenes( painting, portraits, etc.) can reach fifty threads of different colors, and the beginner is very difficult not to become entangled in them.
small nuances to consider when embroidery tablecloths and napkins:
- Ensure that all crosses are embroidered in one direction;
- It is better to embroider a number of crosses at once, rather than one at a time. Then the patterns will be more equal in size, and the end product will look more attractive.
- Some needlewomen neglect the wrong side of the product, and the beautiful view of the facing side is spoiled, just turn the napkin.
- After the embroidery is finished, the problem for the craftsmen is: where to put the thread sticking out of the finished work. To do this, you need to bring the needle to the fabric, and then cut the thread, leaving only a couple of centimeters. After that, thread the needle through the inside and pull the remaining thread. Now your product will not have any extra threads, nor knots, which often make beginner workers who do not know about this method.
- After your tablecloth is finished, rinse it with cold water hands and then iron it. After it has dried, you can already cover it with a table.
What are the sets for embroidery cross tablecloths
Over the years, each skilled worker is experimenting with different materials, it develops its own embroidery technique, and at the expiration of some time, she already has a favorite and least favorite yarn, needles, etc.
main thread used for embroidery cross:
- Mulino made of cotton. The most popular thread for cross stitch. They are sold in tram( small hanks thread), the average size of which is 8 meters. The pasterns themselves are a bundle of six small threads. It can be embroidered with whole paper, or with individual threads, which is done much more often.
- Mulina made of wool. Here the length of one of the passages reaches twenty meters in length. Experienced craftsmen recommend taking the length of one thread in 20 - 30 centimeters, since it is inconvenient to work with a shorter string, and more can be torn. It is because of this, by the way, woolen mulina is less popular among needlewomen, since it requires a more accurate approach.
- Silk floss. Silk threads are used when they want to give the product a special gloss effect, inherent only in silk. However, there is one important flaw in this material - if you touch the product very often, then the threads will quickly lose their luster.
- Melange. Surely you saw such gradient threads, the color of which is allegedly smeared: red-pink, blue-blue and so on. Like silk, it is used more often as an auxiliary material, for giving special effect.
Before buying the threads, consider them carefully - they should not be too thin, painted evenly, and, most importantly, sturdy. Given this, you will be able to purchase the best material without having to spend money in vain.
In addition to the threads, you will also need coils for them. Experienced craftsmen often prefer homemade coils made of cardboard or cork, noting that it is much more convenient to work with them.
The choice of needles depends on your personal preferences. But most often the choice is limited only by the thickness of the needle, which, in turn, depends on the thickness of the selected thread.
How to embroider a tablecloth with a cross: tips
Before you start your first tablecloth, it's better to practice on napkins, since embroidery of a tablecloth is more serious, and you need to approach it with all responsibility and, most importantly, experience.
When embroidering a tablecloth with a cross, it is necessary to follow the back sheet. Since this is no longer a picture, but an object of the interior, the underside will be shown from time to time, and it is important to make it beautiful.
Tips for embroidering a tablecloth with a cross:
- The most optimal material for embroidering a tablecloth with a cross is cotton threads;
- Beads will be a good addition for paintings and crafts, but using it in tablecloths is a bad idea;
- The best option for decorating tablecloths are, of course, patterns. Picturesque paintings are difficult to apply with a cross to such a large canvas as a tablecloth.
Cross-stitch patterns of the tablecloth: ideas
The most popular patterns for embroidery tablecloths are various ornaments. Although examples of such patterns can be found on the Internet, experienced masters come up and perform ornaments themselves, getting original results.
After the ornament follows the color theme. These are flowers embroidered with a cross, and often also their combinations together with various patterns. But those who have already made a hand, can depict on the tablecloths of various animals, and even small thematic drawings: Easter eggs, Christmas trees and more.
Although the most popular option is a white table cloth, you can use other tablecloths as a basis. Then the final result will be even more original.
Embroidery with a cross: linen tablecloth ( video)
As you can see, cross-stitching gives a wide flight for your imagination. You can create unique napkins, embodying ideas in a miniature canvas. And with a little more effort, you can even make a tablecloth that will perfectly decorate your table.