Adjustable lag enable to do without time-consuming processes such as concrete screed or self-leveling floor. Moreover, even these technologies do not always give a result in the form of a perfectly flat floor. Cover on the lags, which can be adjusted with bolt-racks, has many advantages and is optimal for finishing the floor.
- Advantages of the method: adjustable flooring on the logs
- How to make adjustable plywood floors
- Practical advice: adjustable self-leveling logs
- Selection of fasteners: anchor for adjustable floor
- Floor forregulated joists( video)
Advantages of the method: adjustable beam floor
Comprising a floor of lag, that is, beams and flooring made of veneer sheets and boards. The only drawback is that it is difficult to purchase ready-made adjustable lags - they will have to be built from purchased materials. But this is not difficult. After all, they are a bar drilled at equal distances with inserted b
properly executed construction has the following advantages:
- floor can be raised up to 15 cm or more;
- The process is quite simple and fast - 1-2 days;
- Adjustable lags allow avoiding the costly and long "wet" screed process;
- This method achieves high leveling efficiency;
- Ability to apply technology in homes where weak wooden floors;
- In addition to a flat floor surface, thermal insulation and sound absorption are improved;
- Underground space can be used for various communications.
It is very important that you do not need to use dirty technology, but you can carry out the installation with your own hands.
How do adjustable flooring plywood
Plywood is a plate, pressed from several layers of wood material - veneer rather than wood chips. Therefore, it is strong enough, despite its light weight. Floors made of plywood are environmentally friendly, convenient to use and when carrying out work. From such material it is possible to make both rough, and a clean type of a floor.
Install adjustable floor of plywood has its advantages:
- Efficiency investments and speed the process;
- High thermal insulation qualities;
- If moisture resistant material is selected, resistance to humidity;
- Low abrasion, long service.
When the soil has significant flaws, it makes sense to make the floor on legs, using wooden beams.
First the base is prepared, garbage and dirt are removed. The surface is lined with any waterproofing material - film or roll ruberoid. Logs are installed from the wooden beam taking into account the zero level - its line must pass in exact accordance with the surface of the log.
The beam is laid against the opposite walls - the position is controlled using plank-lining, and then checked by level. Between the lags are drawn strings playing the role of lighthouses, the intermediate bars are stacked at intervals of 40 mm.
Plywood panels are adjusted and placed on supports. For fastening, a bolt or a self-tapping screw with its full immersion in the material can be used.
It should be borne in mind that to lay the entire system will require a plywood sheet in 2 cm thick. At the end, the surface is polished.
Practical advice: adjustable ladders on the logs
The construction on adjustable lags can be done by hand. Installation will consist of installing beams and attaching them to the primary, rough floor under the base. The flooring is made of various materials, which, however, must have such qualities as moisture resistance and strength.
- is usually used for plywood, Linoleum.
- For tiles more suitable DSP or drywall with moisture resistance.
- If the finishing coat involves a tree, it is better to use planed boards with grooves and spikes for convenience and reliability of laying.
The technology of the lag allows you to raise the floor level significantly. This aspect is especially important when the house is poorly soundproofed or if engineering communications are required. However, in addition to the lag, slabs can be used. They are best used to quickly level the floor or lay a heat insulation layer. Plates allow to raise the floor only by 3 cm.
To avoid creaking in the future, dust and debris should not remain on the floors, so it makes sense to use a vacuum cleaner for cleaning. Each rack should be installed firmly and not unsteady, and all wooden and adjusting elements are securely fixed and attached to each other.
When working independently, you should adhere to all the main technological rules and take into account the characteristics of each room.
Selection of fasteners: anchor for adjustable floor
Adjustable floors can be built on metal studs or a special brass anchor can be used.
This method is especially suitable for a limited budget, because bolts can make the work more convenient and simple, but they have a fairly high cost.
Driving anchors and studs are more affordable and are perfectly suitable for installation of adjustable floor. For one adjustment link you will need an anchor - a collet, a stud made of metal, as well as two large nuts and washers.
The diameter of the studs must be at least 8 mm:
- In this case, a 45x45 mm bar is used for the logs. It should be well dried, preliminarily treated with an antiseptic.
- Beams of the correct size are placed so that the gap at the walls is at least 5 cm, the intervals between them should be up to 40 cm.
- The bars are placed on the bars to accommodate the studs - the first is located 10 cm from the end of the lag.
- After the holes for the studs and nuts have been made, the fasteners are installed. Also, a hole in the floor is drilled to mount the anchor. This is done through the bar and you do not need to mark the floor.
- Anchors are inserted into the holes and wrapped in the stud. For reliability, two nuts are screwed onto the pin. Thus, it can freely rotate. Anchor is also fixed with a nut.
- After that, the studs are put on the nuts, washers and the bar itself.
The adjustment of the alignment begins with the outer studs.
Floor on adjustable lags( video)
Of course, it's much easier to make fasteners with a standard set of elements such as a wedge anchor, but under certain circumstances, studs and drive anchors will replace them completely. These fasteners are sold in any building material store, and it will not be difficult to acquire them. And if you make a design by all the rules, such a floor can last very long.