Shpuntovaya board: sexual styling and photo sheet pile, shpunt with their own hands for the walls, how to make video, size
Wooden floors never go out of fashion. After all, this finish looks natural and noble. In addition, wood is an ecological and natural product that does not release harmful compounds. There are several options for flooring with wood. You can choose a parquet, or a parquet board, but. Perhaps, the most unusual kind of furnish is the grooved board. What kind of material is it, and what is it used for? - read on.
- What is a sheet pile
- Advantages and disadvantages of a dowelled floor board
- Options for the use of a floor pile board
- On which base can you lay the floor dowel
- Laying a floor from a pile board onto a concrete base
- More difficult laying of a pile board with your hands on logs
- How to make a plank board with your own hands
- Placing a grooved board with your own hands( video)
- More: floor board( photo examples)
What is a sheet pile
The grooved board is made of wood. This element has one centimeter groove on one side, and the same length on the other. Their name was received, just because of the presence of such a lock system, because the groove in another way is called a tongue.
Sheet piling is a monolithic seamless structure. The floors finished with such material, in due course will not start to creak and fall apart.
. The tools for screeding boards( stud and tongue) are made on a milling machine. Only with the condition that these two elements will have exact dimensions, the boards will firmly connect with each other.
The sheet pile can be made of different wood species. The material of such a product is chosen depending on what it will be used for.
Types of grooved boards:
- The cheapest option is the pine sheet pile. They are not very strong and are afraid of moisture, so they need to be opened with several layers of lacquer.
- Lumber pile is not afraid of moisture, but it costs twice as much as pine boards. This material is more durable and unattractive for insects.
- Oak and ash-plank is the most expensive and beautiful material. Floors from trees of such breeds look noble and aristocratic. High cost pays for strength and long life.
In the construction markets, you will be able to purchase sheet piling boards of all existing types. First of all, when choosing a material, pay attention to its humidity. The wooden floorboard must be saturated with liquid, no more than 10%.
There are standard sizes for sheet piling boards. Their length can vary between 100 - 500 cm, a thickness of 2.5-3.5 cm, and a width of 8.5-10 cm.
Advantages and disadvantages of the floorboard
Wooden sheet planks have a lot of advantages. Of course, their characteristics can vary depending on the variety and the wood species from which they are made.
Advantages of grooved boards:
- The spike-groove fasteners provide an even load distribution throughout the floor. Such a monolithic connection increases the service life of the floor covering.
- This type of board is made in such a way that air can freely penetrate through the boards. Thus, the fungus and mold are not caught on the floor.
- Sheet piling is an environmentally friendly material that meets all European quality standards.
- Increased thermal insulation and noise insulation - additional advantages of such boards.
- The installation of dowel boards, thanks to the system of fasteners, is so simple that any newcomer can cope with it.
- The seamless design of the grooved boards looks great in many interior styles. It will be especially successful to look such a coating in the rooms, made in the loft style.
- In case of superficial damage to the floor from wooden massive boards, it is easy to return an attractive appearance, re-sanding it and opening it with a new layer of varnish.
All these advantages make the grooved board an excellent material for installation in a private house or apartment of a judge. However, such coverage has some disadvantages that may affect your choice.
Disadvantages of pile boards:
- Wood is a costly natural material, so a grooved board will cost more than most other floor coverings. The price of such material will pay off in due course due to its durability and long service life.
- The grooved board is afraid of moisture, therefore periodically it needs to be covered with a new layer of varnish or oil-wax mixture.
- The choice of wood species largely depends on the quality and durability of your flooring.
As you can see the disadvantages of such a coating is not so much. If you are satisfied with the high price of the sheet pile, then you can safely buy it.
Options for the use of floor tile planks
Grout boards are not very often used because of their high prices. However, the apartments, decorated with this noble material, look very bright and original.
The first option for using a grooved board is to finish the rough floor. In this case, you need to put a decorative coating on top of the boards. For laying on the rough floor, you can use boards from solid pine, they are not damp and are cheaper than all other types of wood.
The best pile boards look in spacious rooms with ecological or laconic styles of interiors, preferring simple shapes. Particularly successfully, this decoration will fit into the styles of loft, modern and eco.
Another way to use sheet piling boards is the facial finish of the floor. This design move looks great in most interiors. For finishing the front surface, boards made of larch, oak or ash are most often used. Such tree species are stronger, besides they look much more noble than pine materials.
Pine boards harmoniously look in combination with wallpaper muted colors. Also, if you want to make the flooring more original, you can treat it with a stain of any color. This technique will provide additional protection to the floor.
On which base can you lay the floor pile
The grooved board can be laid almost on any base. To ensure that such a coating has served as long as possible, the surface of the floor should be prepared. Make additional insulation and waterproofing.
logs. On what grounds can the grooved boards be laid with their own hands:
- Grooved boards can be laid on a concrete base. If there are pronounced irregularities on such a surface, then it must be filled with a new layer of screed.
- You can also mount such a structure on logs. The logs are attached to the base with screws, dowels or glue.
- If you decide to use pile boards as a facade, you can lay plywood. The plywood is fixed to the base with glue or screws.
- The old wooden floor can also be faced with a plank board. The main thing that all its elements were intact and firmly held on the ground.
Whatever the reason you are not using, you need to take care of the additional insulation of the floor. First, the waterproofing film is laid on the rough floor, then the insulation, for example, glass wool, the last layer is laid again film. Only after all the layers are in place, you can use the very sheeted plank.
Laying the floor from the pile board to the concrete base
First of all, to lay the boards on the concrete, you need to do some preparatory work. The base can be leveled in two ways: by means of a self-leveling screed or using a metal spatula and a cement-sand composition.
You do not need to use a heat-insulated board. However, using such an upgrade, you will get a warm floor.
Next, you need to choose a heater and waterproofing film. What materials are better, it is difficult to say. One thing is clear, the ideal option is a natural insulation and a strong polyethylene film. Also you can use a waterproofing primer.
Assembling the warm floor to the concrete foundation with your own hands:
- Plywood or chipboard is fixed to the concrete base. The distance on which the edge of the plywood should be is 1.5 cm from the walls. I also leave a gap between the honey sheets of the plywood. It should be 2 mm. To fix this layer, you will need self-tapping screws that are recessed into the tree.
- The floor dimensions are recognized. They cut the boards, for this purpose a special device is used, for example, an electric jigsaw or a hacksaw.
- The plywood boards are attached to the plywood. The first element should be put a spike to the wall, and a round groove from it. To tighten the boards use self-tapping screws or nails. This contraction has played at an angle of 45-50 degrees, in increments of 30 cm.
- Once all boards are stacked, the gaps between the walls and floors and decorated shpaklyuyut plinth.
This is the easiest way of laying a sheet piling board. With such editing it is quite possible to manage yourself. Mount the boards to the plywood easily and quickly, but more often use the rallying of elements with lags.
More complex laying of the plank board with their own hands on logs
Logs are thick wooden blocks that are installed on an aligned concrete floor. They are placed with a pitch of 30-60 cm. They need to lay a sound-proof substrate.
Above, standing with a crest, a log must be placed with a moisture-proof plywood. The requirements for its thickness are rather rigid, the material thinner than 1.8 mm is not suitable.
Attaching the boards to the joists:
- The first board is placed to the ridge to the wall at a distance of 1 cm Its hardware is made by means of screws or nails, at the same time, the first board correctly secured across the entire width..
- Next, install three boards. In this case, the comb of each next board should be inserted at an angle into the groove of the previous element. For better connection, the boards are taped with a rubber hammer.
- You can tighten the boards with a jack. Nail to the last lag bar, they will rest on a screw jack. Install the second beam on the edge of the board. Install the jack so that it rests against both the bar on the lag and the bar on the board. In this way, you will be able to firmly connect the boards.
Next, you need to cover with boards all the remaining space. In this case, every fourth board is screwed to the floor with screws. The last boards are pulled together with the help of wedges resting against the wall.
How to make a plank board with your own hands
To trim your house with groovy boards, it is not necessary to buy ready-made material. Folded board can be made by hand. To do this you will need a hand lever and a milling machine, as well as any cutting tools, as well as dry boards.
If you are unable to pick up high-quality, well-dried material, then have to dry it yourself. However, this stage will take quite a long time.
Fixing of the tongue-and-groove board with your own hands( video)
Glued boards are made as follows: the material is fixed by means of clamps, marking is applied on it, and a thorn and a comb from different sides of the board is cut out by marking with a machine or jointer.
tongue board - a great alternative to a piece parquet. It looks also luxurious, but it's easier to install with your own hands.