Decorative concrete: printed and stamped by one's own hands, decor and recipe technology, video and press
Decorative concrete is widely used in the second half of the twentieth century. The first technology was mastered by American builders of military airfields, the primary goal for which was to achieve a durable, wear-resistant coating for a short time. High operational and decorative characteristics of the coating made it popular in the domestic sphere: today, decorative concrete is used for internal and external finishing of private houses and villas, landscape design. What you need to know in order to make a concrete decorative covering by hands - read in the article.
- What is Printed Concrete
- Stamped concrete: the benefits of
- What are the concrete dies for
- Decorative concrete with your own hands
- How to make printed concrete: technology and compounding
- Decorative concrete with your own handsvideo)
- Examples of printed concrete( photo ideas)
What is printed concrete
printed( ornamental) concrete - it is painted concrete, which, before solidification of the solution appliedRelief imprint, imitating the texture of natural wood, stone, bricks, tiles, etc.
Due to its accessibility, durability and attractive appearance, pressed concrete has a wide range of applications. Today, concrete decorative surfaces are used for the finishing of floors and walls of residential buildings and adjacent territories( areas decor around the pool, garden paths, finishing gazebos), and industrial facilities, shopping and exhibition centers, indoor and outdoor areas of gas stations, Airports, railway stations, etc.
Decorative concrete is also indispensable for the restoration work of antique surfaces, when it is impossible to find an identical material: using special shapes and colors, it's easy and fastro obtain a product that imitates the old brickwork.
Stamped concrete: the advantages of
In addition to its wide application possibilities and its beautiful appearance, the decorative concrete coating has many other advantages related to its performance characteristics.
For example, the main advantages of stamped concrete are:
- The ability of the material to withstand high loads. Printed concrete for domestic use is able to withstand a load of 400-500 kg per cubic meter.
- Resistance to moisture( corrosion), UV radiation.
- Stability of concrete to abrupt changes in temperature conditions( up to the indices from -40 to +40 degrees Celsius).
- Frost resistance. Coverage easily withstands more than 300 seasons.
- The ability of the coating to transfer without altering the appearance of the effect of acid-base and products of the petroleum industry, fats.
- Durability. The service life of the concrete base is at least 25 years.
However, decorative concrete has a wide range of colors and a wide range of textures( if necessary, may be applied to cover the textured stamp in the form of plants, graphics and complex graphics).
What are the dies for concrete
The relief pattern on concrete is applied with the help of special stamps. It is thanks to them that you can get a surface imitating a tree, a masonry, a paving stone. In this case, the drawing can be any.
At present, to obtain high-quality prints on the concrete use these types of stamps:
- Silicone( polyurethane) - a flexible stamps, with which you can get a texture of any complexity. Their advantages include a long service life. In addition, silicone stamps do not need to lubricate the oil: the form liner is easily removed and without the lubricant.
- Plastic - rigid stamps that are distinguished by the ability to accurately and accurately convey geometric shapes. Most often, they are used to simulate pavers, brickwork. Work hard stamps can be both on the floor and on a vertical surface.
Separately isolated stencil for concrete - a form which is a circuit for pouring concrete. It is very simple to work with this stencil: it is laid on the ground, then filled with mortar, waiting for hardening and removed, rearranging further. Thus, you can make a garden path, decorate a porch, a gazebo or a terrace.
You can buy ready-made molds in many construction shops and the Internet( for example, in the online store Damascus).In addition, products can be made from available materials by yourself.
Architectural concrete with their hands
stamped, decorative concrete, thanks to its high performance and attractive appearance - a perfect solution for decoration infield private homes, cottages. You can order laying of tracks with decorative concrete from profile companies, and you can save money, and make art concrete without professional help, with your own hands. To perform the work you need a solution, a stamp or a stencil, a tool( building level, stencil fasteners, trowels for decorative concrete).
Technology for creating an embossing includes the following stages:
- Substrate Preparation. In order to obtain a high-quality concrete coating, a layer of soil 100 mm high is removed from the area under the pouring. After that the formwork of the necessary form is mounted and the earth is filled with crushed stone.
- Pouring the mixture. Depending on the type of stamps, the concrete is poured into the stencil, or spread over the rubble. In order for the surface to come out smoothly use the building level.
- Decoration. To obtain an attractive surface for wood or stone, concrete is covered with loose dyes. To consolidate the results, use a color hardener( to give the surface of the saturated colors, the effect of plaster or "wet stone" use a special varnish for concrete and stone, which can be ordered on the website of Damascus).
- Printing. If a stencil was not used to create the relief, then the pattern on a flat concrete surface is applied with the help of stamps.
- Cleaning of the coating. The relief surface is washed 2-3 days later with a solution of hydrochloric acid.
- Application of protective UV and moisture resistant layer( acrylic fixer is most often used for this).
Thus, it is possible to obtain high-quality, attractive stamped concrete that will last several decades. The design of the cover depends on the landscape design of the site, the finishing of the house, the personal taste preferences of the apartment owner.
dry mix for preparing a press concrete can be purchased at any store building materials( from budget options you can choose the material of the brand Flex Concrete), and you can prepare yourself. How to
printed concrete: The technology and formulation
mixture for producing decorative concrete comprises gravel and sand, Portland cement, a plasticizer. An important ingredient is polypropylene fiber, which increases the term of exploitation of the relief coating, prevents its cracking and the formation of chips. The ingredient is taken in an amount of 600 grams per cubic meter of solution.
When manufacturing decorative concrete, special attention should be paid to the choice of plasticizer
For the production of decorative printed concrete, it is better to choose Portland cement of M400 and M500 / D20 grades that have moisture and frost resistance, capable of withstanding loads of 400 and 500 kg perCubic meter.
The choice of plasticizer depends on the type of future product. So, experts recommend choosing a superplasticizer for the production of paving slabs. For the garden path suitable for extreme temperatures, explosion and fireproof plasticizer C3.
It is worth remembering that the plasticizer should be added to the concrete mixture in the form of an aqueous solution.
Composition prepared from such ingredients is laid in the formwork, distributed using a trowel for decorative concrete and compacted. The formulation of ready-mixed compounds is indicated on the labels.
Decorative concrete with your own hands( video)
Decorative concrete is an affordable way to create an attractive and durable finish for both horizontal and vertical surfaces. Modern production of molds and stamps for decorative concrete makes it possible to obtain a detailed relief of any kind and complexity. At the same time, the work can be done without assistance, and the stamps and mixture - make yourself!