Correctly assembled and reinforced concrete floor is the result of many days of work based on careful preparation. Despite the fact that this material fairly applies to the most robust in the construction industry, only with strict observance of all technological processes is achieved the desired result. Otherwise, dust is formed, corrosion marks appear and so on.
- Technically correct concrete floor installation
- Correct vapor barrier for concrete flooring
- Required cutting of concrete joints: technology in details
- How the finishing of the concrete floor is carried out
- Universal concrete floor( video)
Technically correct installation of concrete floors
Everything begins with the formation of the basis that determines the strength and durability of the floor covering. If it is a private house, then it is necessary to check the physical parameters of the soil. It should not be wet or in any way in contact with groundw
Even a slight deviation from these recommendations will lead to the fact that the concrete ball will not last long.
A practical advice is the use of waterproofing materials. This is completely justified, if you build elsewhere, there is no possibility.
The following procedure is as follows :
- Carry out soil compaction. The more precisely everything is carried out, the less the probability of soil subsidence at the construction site. After that, a layer of river sand is used, which is used to level the base. Builders with experience recommend the use of not more than 1/3 of the base weight when choosing the right amount of sand. Otherwise, the subsidence of even the ideal soil in all respects will not be a waste.
- In the next step, a layer of gravel should appear on the concrete, which must be carefully leveled. If everything is done correctly, then we can proceed to the formation of a waterproofing structure. Increased attention to this stage is due to the fact that concrete absorbs moisture actively. The more it is, the faster it will need another repair.
- As the most common method of forming a waterproofing membrane film made of polyethylene is used. It must be overlapped. Before starting work, make sure that the film is one-piece and has no seams. As an additional waterproofing material, liquid rubber is used.
- With the help of cement, crushed stone, sand and water, a rough layer of concrete is formed. Depending on the operating conditions, various additives are used, for example, increasing the resistance to low temperatures. If it is a question of creating a concrete floor in places with high loads, then the rough layer is formed using a reinforcing mesh.
- The direct thickness of the concrete layer depends on the ceiling height in the room and the planned load. At the same time, a value of 4 cm, which is the minimum necessary, is always kept in mind. Next, a vapor barrier is formed
Properly organized preparation - the guarantee of a durable concrete floor, Operating temperature range, humidity level and potential loads - a list of basic criteria, will make a repeated repair for a long time not necessary.
Correct vapor barrier for concrete floor
The process is based on the use of membranes made of a polymer-bitumen mixture. The more precisely they are mounted, the lower the heat losses and the level of dampness.
The device of a durable concrete base is carried out with the help of glass-fiber and polyester membranes having higher performance characteristics than their PVC analogues.
If the repair budget does not allow you to choose a more expensive and qualitative option, then you can apply PVC membranes. It should be remembered that every 4-5 years they must be changed. This is explained by their susceptibility to putrefaction.
Regardless of the type of membrane, the vapor barrier helps to achieve the following parameters:
- The wear process of used building materials is slowing down;
- There is no fungus;
- No mold is formed;
- Forms a comfortable microclimate in the room;
- The stacking technology eliminates the possibility of condensate formation.
The more precisely the vapor barrier is carried out indoors, the less moisture and related problems are formed. Depending on financial possibilities, it is possible to choose budgetary PVC membranes and more expensive and effective polyester.
required cutting joints in concrete: the technology in detail
Before you start you need to give a concrete rest for 4-6 hours, otherwise the thread will be little effective. After the specified period, it is permitted to rough the floor in a rough way.
Practical advice will be a recommendation to pay attention to the operating modes of the machine. If we are talking about a professional method of stripping, then the apparatus is equipped with a power regulator.
The switch must be installed in such a way as to remove the coating from the joints, and not destroy it.
- In rooms with a high levelThe drying time of the concrete substrate is 8 hours;
- If the humidity is at a lower level, then 4 hours is enough;
- If it is not possible to adjust the power of the machine for grouting, it is recommended to use polymer protective mixtures.
Conducting cutting seams in the concrete cover - one of the most delicate stages. On the one hand, you need to remove all the seams, and on the other - do not damage the surface. If it is not possible to adjust the intensity of the physical effect at the time of trowelling, it is better to use a polymer protective mixture.
How is the surface finish of the concrete floor
Even the most solid tie does not protect concrete surface from cracking. Despite this, it is still possible to enter into a dispute with natural processes.
For this, it is necessary to make special grooves near the walls and other protruding elements. This is done immediately after the completion of laying and before reinforcement, otherwise the procedure loses all meaning.
If the room has concrete layers, which are stacked at different times, then the topcoat acts as a leveler. From a practical point of view, at the end of the work, the depth of any section of the floor should not exceed 1/3 of the screed size.
addition, the demolition of the most common mistakes showed what else you need to remember:
- Edge sealant joints are strengthened;
- If the laying has taken place on partially old concrete, then the contact areas of the two layers are carefully treated with a liquid screed;
- The protruding sections are leveled by the grinding machine.
Universal concrete floor( video)
concrete floor is able to faithfully serve the owners for decades. The main thing is to technically correctly form the base, laying the screed. At each stage it is recommended to carefully check each step, otherwise it is impossible to avoid problems at the stage of practical operation. At the time of removal of irregularities should be as neat as possible, otherwise the floor surface will be uneven.