itself can be handled. Sidewalk tile is an aesthetic and functional decor of the infield. It allows you to give a well-groomed look to the garden space and facilitates the movement of man and technology. Attractive price, ease of use and ease of laying made it a popular material among developers. Looks like these tracks and the area is very attractive. The market offers a wide range of paving tiles from various materials, various shapes and colors. A diverse texture will allow you to choose the material for any design and landscape.
- How to lay the paving slab correctly: the choice of the material
- What is better to lay the paving slab
- Paving tile:
- Paving tools for laying the paving slab
- How to lay a paving slabOn a sandy basis
- How to make a pad of paving slabs on a concrete basis
- Paving slabs
- Correct laying of paving slabs( video)
How to lay the paving slab correctly: the choice of the material
Sidewalk tile is very popular because it has a number of positive qualities. In addition to not high price and ease in laying, it is environmentally friendly and has strong properties. If necessary, it is always possible to replace the damaged area without violating the integrity of the entire coating.
The main advantages of :
- Laying tracks and platforms can be of any shape and configuration;
- It is possible to remove the cover and move it to another place;
- Environmentally friendly material;
- Does not injure the roots of trees, allowing moisture and air to pass through;
- No evaporation occurs in hot weather;
- Resistance to sudden temperature changes;
- Strength and wear resistance.
The disadvantages include sliding on the tile during freezing. To avoid the undesirable effect, the material with a rough surface is acquired. When choosing a coating, it is necessary to determine the purpose for which the tile will be used. There are 2 types of material that differ in the way they are produced: vibropressed and vibrating. The first option is purchased for sites with increased load. Vibrolite is suitable for paving cobbled paths in the garden.
Depending on the design fantasy and the preferences of the owners, the tiling can be laid in several ways by the :
- In staggered order;
- Herringbone laying;
- In the version of the circle;
- A chaotic pattern.
Beautifully laid out project, will give a highlight to the site and emphasize the individuality of the owners.
What is better to lay the paving slab
Paving tiles can be laid on a cushion of wet sand, a mixture of sand and cement, on a concrete base. The first 2 options involve easy dismantling of pavers. The installation of the material on the concrete will make the site stationary.
The easiest and most popular option for laying in cottages and garden areas is sand.
Advantage of this paving is the passage of moisture into the earth through layers of sand. Sometimes it is mixed with gravel and pieces of brick to compact the substrate. On this layer, you can put any paving stones, ceramics or bricks. The mixture of cement and sand is preliminarily prepared on the basis of proportions of 1: 5, and distributed over the prepared surface. Then they pour water and begin to lay the tile. This method allows to firmly strengthen the coating and, if necessary, it is easy to dismantle it. Lay material on a concrete base is recommended in cases of high loads on the surface. Such a coating is used at parking lots and as a garage site.
The advantages of the screed include :
- Smoothness of laying;
- No shrinkage during operation.
In a concrete mixer, cement is mixed with sand and water, then the mixture is poured and rammed. It is necessary to take care of the water drainage before laying, after hardening it will be problematic to remove the stationary coating. Depending on the purpose of the operation, the owner of the infield chooses the suitable version of the base for the tile.
device paving slabs: Technology of work
There are various ways of tiling, but experts recommend to stick to a common sequence.
Stages of work :
- Site clearance. Uproot the hemp, remove the plants, remove the soil from 15 to 20 cm
- The surface of the earth is treated with a herbicide.
- By the length of the track or the perimeter of the site, markings are made using pegs and lighthouses.
- Form inclines for water flow.
- Install curbs.
- Fill the work surface with a layer for tiling.
- Tram and smooth the mixture.
- Lay the tile.
- Seal the seams.
These principles apply to installation regardless of what the source material will be laid on. Consistent actions will help to properly lay the pavement.
Tools for laying paving slabs
Put a beautiful track will not be difficult even for a beginner, the main thing to have the desire, patience and accuracy. In order to begin construction work, it is necessary to prepare materials and tools. Draw a drawing with a plan of sidewalks, then calculate the necessary number of tiles, depending on its size and configuration.
- tile or pavers;
- Side stones;
- Waterproofing foil.
Tools for work: trowel, shovel, tamper, trowel, kiylock, hammer, broom, construction level, roulette, pegs, Cord or rope. For work it is desirable to have gloves and special knee pads. It is necessary to provide access to water and electricity.
How to lay out a path of paving slabs on a sand based track
Put your hands, you can follow step by step instructions. The main thing is that at its arrangement a good drainage system is provided. This will not allow the water to stagnate and destroy the structure. To do this, make a small slope of 5 mm through every 1 - 1.5 meters.
The first step is preparation of the working surface. Remove unnecessary plants and remove the layer of soil, clearing the area for future installation. Rakes level the ground and establish pegs in the nodal marks, between which pull the cord. The marking must pass through every 1 - 1.5 meters. The distance between the ground and the markings should be equal to the thickness of the two tiles stacked together. Further provide a small slope for drainage of water towards the street.
On the sides of the tracks it is necessary to make trenches for the installation of curb stone.
The second stage of the work will be the preparation of the interlayer. To do this, lay the geotextile, which will prevent the growth of grass through the tile and will not cover the proseness. Top poured gravel across the track surface and tamped so that the layer does not exceed 15 cm.
The third stage is the installation of an onboard stone. Pre-dug trenches filled with cement mortar, then set the curb. Its height can be flush with the path or slightly protruding. This design will allow you to hold the entire array and emphasize geometric shapes. Then pour a wet sand cushion, level with rakes and rammed again. If the owner wants to further strengthen the structure, the next step is to apply a mixture of cement and sand, equalize and rammer.
The tiles begin to be laid from the curb, according to the scheme. In order not to damage the leveled surface, the work is carried away from oneself, moving gradually forward. The intermediate distance between the tiles should not exceed 3 mm. Beginners can use special crosses. With the help of the kayak, each element is heated, being guided by the level.
First lay the main area, then all the other parts that need to be adjusted to fit. After paving the track, you can also walk through the vibration plate, for an ideal seal and a flat surface. Further, the seams are filled with moist sand and pass through the broom to fill all the holes. Lay out the path yourself is not a complex and fascinating process that will make the owner proud, and will create the necessary aesthetic appearance for the personal plot.
How to make a platform of paving slabs on a concrete basis
arrange a fixed platform on the concrete base under a car or other heavy loads can be yourself. To ensure that the water does not stagnate, the concrete covering of the site will have to be done with a slight inclination.
Step by step instructions :
- Prepare the surface at the site, remove debris and plants.
- Select the pegs of its border and pull the twine between them.
- Remove top soil 20 cm, spill water and tamp the designated area.
- In width and length, dig a trench for the curb stone, pour cement and place the side stone.
- Put a waterproofing film on the ground, which will not allow moisture to rise up.
- Above the film, pour rubble and fill the voids between it with sand. All is well tampered with.
- Prefabricated reinforcement or mesh should be fixed with each other and side rods.
- Make cement mixture in the ratio 1: 3: 2 cement, sand, gravel. Then mix it with water to a uniform consistency and pour it onto the prepared surface. Align the level, not forgetting the bias, and leave to dry for a few days.
Laying tiles is carried out only after complete drying of the cement foundation. Its installation is carried out using a cement-sand mortar, some masters use glue. The concrete base is moistened, the trowel is applied with a small layer of 2-3 cm and begins to lay the tile.
Laying paving slabs
If a decision on their own to pave coverage on the site, it is necessary to know which technology is best suited for the selected option. A competent device of sidewalks, structural schemes and some instructions reflects the technological map for the laying of paving slabs.
Regardless of which mounting method is chosen, it is necessary to adhere to the general rules for paving :
- Clutch is produced in dry, better cloudy weather;
- Do not use sawdust for backfilling;
- If larger loads are assumed on the laid surface, the cushion is made of reinforced concrete;
- Primers with a complicated structure require strengthening concrete 80 cm and cement mixture with sand in 40 cm to avoid bias pad;
- At the porch, the tile should be placed on a cement base, since the daily load is increased;
- Be sure to make a slope of 5 °, for outflow of water.
correct laying of paving slabs( video)
Quality device tracks and pavement areas with proper drainage and runoff, will allow construction to serve for many years, while maintaining the original aesthetic appearance.