Decoupage of a glass vase: in the style of a shebbie-chic, a master class of a vintage vase, a provence transparent with your own hands
The French word "decoupage" means "cut".The origins of beautiful ancient technology originate in the Middle Ages. The first mentions are found in German manuscripts of the end of the XV century, at this time, carved pieces of furniture were carved with decorative pictures. The most popular technique was in the XVII century, when in Europe began to appear elegant items brought from the East. Society ladies appreciated the nice little things, and fun to use the beautiful vase, decorated with pebbles, stockings and lace to decorate fashionable European salons.
- Decoupage of vases and everything you need for decor
- Decoupage of vases in the style of the shebbie-chic
- We conduct master class decoupage of glass vase
- Effective decoupage of vases in vintage style
- Detail: decoupage of vases( video)
- Examples of decoupage of vase( photoIn the interior)
Decoupage vases and everything you need for the decor
Today, the ancient technique of decorating various objects again at the peak of popularity. The ease and simplicity of the process allows even a beginner to make his own unique works of art.
Those who first decided to do needlework do not need to buy expensive materials, it is better to buy the necessary items in the usual department of stationery.
. For the upcoming decoration you will need:
- Brushes with soft bristles. You need different sizes;
- Small bowl. The dishes are necessary for soaking napkins or rice paper;
- Adhesive PVA.You can use the usual clerical;
- Quick-drying varnish. The varnish should be based on acrylic or polyurethane;
- Fabric napkin or roller. It is more convenient to smooth the formed folds with a roller.
And, of course, the main subject will be the product, on which the decor is applied. It can be a vase, a bottle, a set of cans for bulk items.
After that, decorative materials for decoration are assembled:
- Artistic image plus printed on a paper base.
- Stencils with geometry, floral or floral patterns.
- Acrylic or stained-glass paints for applying the main background.
- Brilliant beads, gold thread, rhinestones of different colors or eggshell.
Buy stationery items will not be difficult, and the choice of decor can take a certain time, because this is a creative process and it is necessary to prepare thoroughly.
Decoupage vases in the style of the shebbie-chic
Decoupage in the style of the shebbie-chic has no restrictions on the choice of artistic compositions, colors or accessories. Transfer to the glass surface, perhaps any pictures you like.
For this is used:
- Multi-layer wipes. This is the most common option.
- Rice paper. It has a lot of advantages. Rice paper can successfully beat different areas and achieve a beautiful volumetric image.
- Photo printing. As the image you can use photos of famous personalities, for example, Charlie Chaplin or Merlin Monroe. The product will be more individual and will be an excellent gift for the New Year holidays.
Before you start working on decorating a glass or wooden base, you need to decide what technique you need to make the design. The process can be direct or reverse.
Tip! The drawings and photographs selected as a paper basis must be printed on the printer using waterproof paint.
Direct technique in the style of the shebbi-chic differs by applying a decorative rose picture or drawing with butterflies on the front surface, and reverse decoupage is done under it. It is important to consider that reverse decoupage is possible only on the most transparent glass surface.
The choice of method largely depends on how the decorated object will be used in the future. For example, for the design of desktop or floor vases Ikea, it is better to choose a direct application, and the saucers must be formalized in the opposite way.
The photo collection contains beautiful creations of skillful craftsmen, made in a beautiful marine style using shells and pebbles.
We conduct a master class decoupage of a glass vase
A detailed master class and the video below will help novice decorators get acquainted with the main stages of decoration of ceramic products.
. What you need to do:
- We select the most convenient place for creativity and the most rationally we have the necessary tools.
- From rice paper or a multi-layer napkin carefully cut out the picture you like.
- On the glass with the help of a felt-tip pen there are places where a beautiful pattern will be applied. Tags are necessary to quickly return slipped paper to the selected place.
- Soak the napkin in a bowl with warm water.
- Before applying the image, you need to clean and process the site with PVA glue.
- Adhesive is quickly applied to the adhesive base and gently spreads from the center to the edges with a soft roller or fabric napkins. It should be ensured that there are no ugly folds or bubbles with air left on the surface.
- On top of the smooth movements of the brush, another layer of glue is applied.
- We paint the background with multi-colored or monophonic acrylic paints.
- The dried layer of glue is varnished, and then the finished product should be placed in the oven and heated to 150 garguses.
No glass fillers are used for glass processing, because the smooth surfaces of the bottles provide excellent adhesion to the applied artwork.
Effective decoupage of vases in the style of vintage
An excellent result can be achieved by artificially aging the surface. Such an unusual technique is called craquelure. After a special lacquer or universal glue treatment, the surface of the antique vase is covered with a web of tiny cracked lines. The paintwork should be applied to a still damp coat of paint. For products created with the use of craquelure technique, it is necessary to apply a background coating.
An interesting solution will be the use of contrasting paints:
- First apply the first coat - primer;
- Special lacquer or glue is applied to completely dry ground;
- Another layer of acrylic paint is quickly applied to the layer of varnish varnish.
After the final drying of the second layer of paint, cracks appear on the surface to be decorated, their depth depends on the thickness of the applied layer of the universal glue or the agent for craquelure.
Detail: decoupage of vases( video)
Today there are a lot of decoupage options in the technique of decoupage. Ancient needlework allows you to realize your most unusual ideas, develop your creative abilities and is an excellent pastime. Besides luxury crafts can not only decorate your house or apartment, but please friends and acquaintances. Beautiful works of art will be a real gem of a vintage style or Provence. A gift, made by own hands in the technique of decoupage, will please true connoisseurs of luxury exclusive things.